Milestones in Journey so far…
- Month, 2013 - Footpath School opens its 1st center at, Narol with some number of kids, run by Virat Shah singlehandedly.
- Nov, 2014 – Celebrated Diwali festival with sweet distribution
- Nov, 2014 - Distributed “Hygiene Kits” to kids to create awareness on this important aspect
- Dec, 2014 – Footpath School opens its 3rd center, still run by Virat Shah singlehandedly
- Jan, 2015 – Set up standard operating process and kits e.g. teacher manuals, school registers, evaluation process, teacher training etc.
- Jan, 2015 – Celebrated Uttarayan festival donating kites & accessories and educated for safety during kite festivals.
- Feb, 2015 – Conducted 1st Yoga camp for school kids.
- Feb, 2015 – New food supplier vendor and logistics process set up for quality and scalability
- Mar, 2015 – celebrated Holi festival with donation of water guns, colors, snacks.
- Apr, 2015 – 1st volunteer teacher joins to open and run 4th center in Narol.
- Apr, 2015 – 1st center to get a roof to address summer and monsoon season challenges
- May, 2015 – Opens 6th center in Narol. 3 independent teachers and 4 volunteers now trained for independent charge of 3 centers.
- May, 2015 – 150th student enrolled in Footpath School.
- Aug, 2015 – On 15th August we celebrated Independence day at Footpath School.
- Aug, 2015 – We celebrated RAKSHA BANDHAN on 28/08/2015. The festival was celebrated on all centers separately due to tense situation in Ahmedabad. Each girl brought RAKHI for their classmate brothers and every boy brought pencils to give to their classmate sisters. With great enthusiasm RAKHI was celebrated and sweet was distributed to all students..
- Sep, 2015 – We planned a Local Ahmedabad City Tour for School kids. ..
- Sep, 2015 – Conducted 1st Magic Show for school kids.
Our planned activities include…
- July, 2015 – Target to introduce white dress code for teaching staff as a discipline and uniformity measure.
- Aug, 2015 – Target to distribute uniform, footwear and school bags to all footpath school kids as a motivational measure.
- Ongoing - Conduct “YOG SHIBIR” for self-awareness through yoga
- Ongoing – celebrate all major festivals xcelebrate all major festivals
- Dec, 2015 - Our target is to have footpath school centers operational, streamline the centers with standard processes and execute professional framework for quality and scalability
Our aim is to impart a feel to footpath kids that they are not any different in the society – footpath kids can enjoy all little joys which other kids of well-being families enjoy. So we celebrate all major festivals like Diwali/ Holi/ Uttaryan, conduct educational tours and hold regular spiritual activities like Yoga camp.
Activities in the background:
For us, setting up and running a footpath school is like setting up a new factory unit with standardized processes, predictable and measurable quality output. There are several activities and steps, which go behind planning, running and sustaining a footpath school center.
Some such activities include:
- Resource mobilization for the center materialsand snacks.
- Logistics of making resources available and rotation across various centers.
- Financial support mobilization for existing and new centers.
- Train the volunteer- teachers and prepare them for independent responsibility of running the centers.
- Maintain and update records like student attendance record, teacher’s attendance record, student’s fortnightly evaluation registers, Student Admission form record and Teacher’s/ Employee Bio Data.
- Plan-Check-Action process implementation to ensure activities are conducted as per the manual, they are being monitored and maintained as per the manual in all the centers. record are updated and in place.
- Inventory management system and process e.g. maintain register for issuing the stationary material to students as well as to volunteer teacher. Make available computerized records for easy access, control and planning additional material.
- Food delivery chain management to individual centers.
- Preparation for the CHARITY WALK in public places to create the awareness of the Group among people and receive broad based support.
- Prepare for the launch of online initiatives for financial support and spreading awareness